Saviours of Islamic Spirit
About The Book
This selection of biographies, by one of the leading twentieth century Muslim scholars, brings under three volume, Muslim Personalities whose contribution to the sustenance of the Islamic spirit through the centuries can never be overstated.
Beautifully narrated, with particular detail to the environment in which these figures rose to prominence.
- Umar ibn Abdul Aziz
- Hassan al-Basri
- Traditionists and Jurists of Islam (The Imams )
- Ahmad ibn Hanbal
- Abul Hassan al-Ash’ari
- Decline of Dialectics
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani
- Ibn al-Jawzi-
- Nur ud-din Zangi and Salah Ud-din Ayyubi
- Sheikhul Islam Izz ud-din Ibn Abdul Salam
- Tartars :The Scourge of God-
- Maulana Jalal ud-din Rumi.
- Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taimiyah
- Sultan ul Mashaikh Khwaja Nizam ud din Aulia
- Makhdum ul Mulk Sheikh Sharf ud din Yahya Maneri
Volumes III : This volume basically covers Islamic History in the Indian Sub Continent in the Tenth Centuary Hijri From Akbar to Jahangir and the eminent deputies of the Sheikh.
- Islamic World in the Tenth Century Hijri
- Akbar’s Rule – The Contrasting Climaxes
- Imam Rabbani Mujaddid Alf Thani Life and Works
- Mujaddidiya Order and Deputies
- Islamic World in the Twelfth Century Hijri
- Life and Works of Shah Waliullah Dehlavi
One of the most prolific writers and original thinkers of our time, author of well over fifty books in various languages, and a scholar of rare distinction, passed into the mercy of Allah in December 1999.
The Maulana was a founder member of the Muslim World League (Rabita), a member of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC), a member of the World Supreme Council of Mosques, and a member of the Fiqh Council of Rabita.
He was also a member of Advisory Council of the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwarah, a member of its Supreme Council, and a member of the Academy of Arts and Letters of Damascus, Syria. He was also a founder member of the League of the Islamic Literature in India.
Perhaps better known as the founder member and first rector of Nadwatul Ulama (India), and president of the Academy of Islamic Research and Publications.